Soundgrabs:::BUYING & SELLING
, field recordings
, everyday sounds
, Boots the chemist
, Estate Agent
, British Gas
, Oxford Street
, Blackgang Chine
, Bernard Manning
, Piccadilly Circus
, sound effects
random everyday sounds from random everyday life
—BUYING & SELLING 1. Boots the chemist in Christchurch
2. "I can sell it to other people" —friction at the car boot sale
3. "At the end of the day" —estate agent from Palmer Snell talking as they do
4. Comparing cameras in the camera shop
5. British Gas salesman
6. Rock Shop owner adding up his rocks
8. "I think we've discontinued it" —willing Bristol shop assistant can't find the thing they saw there last time. A piece of shelving falls off as they talk...
9. "It's basically begging innit"
10. "Jolly good". That junk shop near Ashley Cross
11. Oxford Street teenagers
12. "So when I went to Thailand"
13. Paying for products at Wilkinsons
14. Paying the woman in the booth at Blackgang Chine
15. Fan at Pete Best book signing is worried that the ex-Beatles drummer's new book is a rehash of his last one, Pete Best informs him that there are indeed differences
16. Inquiring about the availability of Bernard Manning tickets at the North Pier, Blackpool
17. Tram to North Pier
18. Slight ticket sales confusion at Piccadilly Circus underground
19. McDonalds and Burger King montage
20. Buying Indian takeaway in Bristol: unfortunate customer in front has forgotten his wallet
21. "Or Playstation1 which you want" —solid advice at the car boot sale.
22. Checkout woman in Boots has her hand trapped as the customer inadvertently places a basket on it
23. The man's got a crate of Stella at home: the woman wonders if it's going to be enough though
24. It's a cold one tonight
25. Entering the bar in Segorbe: Milo falls over on the way in
26. Discussion at the car boot sale
27. I wont take my cardigan off yet
28. Man getting impatient in embassy: "I don't want to listen more that's OK"
29. Advice from Pets R Us
30. Ordering at the bar in Christchurch pub
31. Excitable woman in Boscombe wool shop
32. Buying glue at the stone yard in Bristol
33. The stone yard man in Bristol seems to knows everything there is about stone
34. "I'm not a geologist, I've just got a shop"
35. "If you touch it it's best to wash your hands"
36. "I have had pieces about that size"
37. "It's a late life thing"
38. Choosing a reel to reel tape machine
39. Customer and salesman interaction at Hamfest
40. "Tickets probably aint out yet"
41. "7.90 change (thank you)"
42. Asking a traffic warden the way to the shop: he's not sure either
43. Greek shop at Turnpike Green
44. Chicken Tikka and Rice, Bristol
45. "If we email it before 12"
48. Opening a bank account
49. Opening a bank account
52. Opening a bank account
54. Thai waitress is confused about things
55. "Monday's a better day for me"
56. Wahing Chinese supermarket
57. Carpet fitters fitting a carpet
58. Carpet fitters fitting a carpet
59. Carpet fitters fitting a carpet
60. Carpet fitters fitting a carpet
61. Carpet fitters fitting a carpet
62. Carpet fitters fitting a carpet
63. Carpet fitters fitting a carpet
64. Carpet fitters fitting a carpet
64. Carpet fitters fitting a carpet
65. Carpet fitters fitting a carpet
66. Duplicated gift
67. "All the insulation stuff at B & Q"
68. "Here to see the agency"
69. Fruit & veg seller —"50p to clear"
70. Meat seller —"Belly Slices To Go"
71. Another meat seller —"2 Big Lumps of Bacon"
72. And another meat seller —"There you go"
73. Fruit & veg sellers —"Two pound for 2 quid"
more soundgrabs: WATER & WEATHER›››‹‹‹WORDS & SITUATIONS›››‹‹‹INDONESIA›››‹‹‹TRAVEL & ANNOUNCEMENTS›››‹‹‹THE HOME›››‹‹‹THE PHONE›››‹‹‹LAUGHTER›››‹‹‹MECHANICAL SOUNDS›››‹‹‹ANIMALS›››‹‹‹HUBBUB & ATMOSPHERE›››‹‹‹FOUND MUSIC
DEDICATED TO TONY SCHWARTZ